Sunday, August 06, 2006

JAY TO PLAY THE SAVE DARFUR COALITION'S, YOU BE YOUR LIFE!

Ok, I give in, I'LL PLAY TOO!

FACT: of the 10-50 people I speak with in-depth per day about Darfur at the White House, 99% of them I BEG to center their lives around making the SAVE DARFUR COALITION'S SEPTEMBER 17TH GLOBAL DEMONSTRATIONS THE END OF THIS GENOCIDE.

Thank God that the Coalition has planned and is organizing these around the world SEPTEMBER 17th. This has been my feeling since the second I heard of them at the early July 06 planning meeting at Georgetown University. They are a Godsend opportunity.

I MUST ADMIT, I have always maintained that they are NECESSARY, but not sufficient. BUT I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A HINT OF AGREEMENT ON THIS DEFICIENCY IN ANY FORM FROM ANYONE IN THE COALITION.

SO, I'M IN!!!!!! IF THE SAVE DARFUR COALITION IS WILLING TO BET 3,000,000 LIVES ON THIS EVENT BEING SUFFICIENT TO SAVE THEM, THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

I'm going to bet my life that they are correct.

Here's how! Please follow:

1. We all know that the Darfuries are OUT OF TIME. With the abandonment of Darfur by the world's people Bashir is getting the aid workers shot. As the aid workers leave the Darfur death toll will approach 25-50,000 per week. Our Darfur family is cooked.

2. Therefore obviously Save Darfur, in expressing not the slightest concern in any way that I can see that their plan is not SUFFICIENT, they assert that the September 17th events WILL SECURE IMMEDIATE, IRON CLAD COMMITMENT AND DEPLOYMENT OF THE 20-30,000 UN TROOPS WITH CHAPTER 7 MANDATE! (Nothing less will prevent 100,000's of thousands more deaths.)

3. SO, I'M GOING TO BACK THEM WITH ONE MORE LIFE! Today is day 29 of my water only Hunger Strike. I figure that I can go 60 days (although what I saw in the mirror 2 days ago scared me pretty good. Oh well.) But, if I continue the Hunger Strike without interruption that isn't fair. I'd probably be dead before September 17th. No cheating! :-) I figure I need to give the Coalition until the end of September to produce the IMMEDIATE, IRON CLAD COMMITMENT AND DEPLOYMENT OF THE 20-30,000 UN TROOPS WITH CHAPTER 7 MANDATE!

4. So, today, August 7th I will weigh myself and maintain today's weight until September 1; thereby freezing the clock until then. Except for a few days off, the Vigil will continue in President's Park. I will give every second to driving people to these truly God given, LIFE or DEATH, last chance for Darfur September 17th events.

5. On September 1 I will resume the water only hunger strike.

6. I'll stop when I am notified of the IMMEDIATE, IRON CLAD COMMITMENT AND DEPLOYMENT OF THE 20-30,000 UN TROOPS WITH CHAPTER 7 MANDATE!

7. And, everything will then be fine. Right?

The game has begun! How exciting! This will be so interesting. I am really, really hungry, so I wouldn't mind if the Coalition won early!

BY THE WAY, HONESTLY AND TRULY, BEFORE GOD AND IN THE NAME OF GOD, IN THE NAME OF GOOD, I INVITE 1,000'S OF PEOPLE TO JOIN ME. NOW. WOULD A "BROTHER" OR "SISTER" OF DARFUR DO ANYTHING LESS UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES? FOR MANY OF US, NO. IT'S TIME TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE. THE GAME IS ALMOST AT AN END.

(By now, you should know me too well to think that I am kidding. The game has begun.)

No comments: