Sunday, July 23, 2006

"NEVER AGAIN" MEANS NOTHING WITHOUT "I" - Darfur Hunger Strike Day 19

Vigil Day 69 and holding. On 5 days of R&R in Philadelphia before resuming indefinate Vigil and Water Only Hunger Strike at the White House.

Many people involved with Darfur have been trying to cause "Never Again" without the "I", substituting instead, "him," or "them," "it," or "we." It can't be done. It will take 100's of "I's" totally committed to stop this genocide, and once "I" is COMMITTED enough, the Genocide will end rapidly.

THERE IS ONLY ONE "WIN" IN LIFE: TO DO UNTO OTHERS ALL THAT YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU. There is no "win" besides this. Nothing else we can truly take credit or responsibility for, that is of any earthly value. The proof I offer you is inside yourself. Ponder and I think you will agree. 21 of the world's religions teach the same. ["WIN" too requires "I"]

THERE IS ONLY ONE "LOSE" IN LIFE: To NOT do unto others ALL that you would have them do unto you. "Lose" places no demands on "I", places no risk, no cost, no value on "I". "I" has a terrible freedom, IRRELEVANCE, when it accepts "lose" as an option.

NOW, HERE'S THE CORROLLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It clarified for me just today when I was talking to my brother Dave:

THERE IS NO "I" IN WEALTH, THERE IS ONLY "WE." Oh, please try to see that this is more than just a cute word and letter play. Look to your hearts again. Speaking for myself, I am feeling like I have found "home" for the first time in my life largely because I have effectively abandoned the traditional notion of wealth in which "I" and "mine" count for everything. I REJECT THAT NOTION AFTER 55 YEARS OF FINDING IT A TOTALLY BANKRUPT NOTION. I cannot imagine that ever again in my life will I regain the ignorance, stupidity, self-doubt, weakness, or craziness to embrace the prevailing notion of "wealth".

I NOW "EXPERIENCE/FEEL" WEALTH TO BE: THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT I GIVE WITH LOVE, AND WHAT I HAVE LEFT. THE MORE I GIVE OUT OF FELT BROTHERHOOD, AND THE LESS HAVE LEFT, "THE WEALTHIER I FEEL THAT I AM." When I reflect back on my life I find no exceptions. You?

No this does NOT lead to self-abuse or self-destruction. If you give beyond a certain point then your productive capacity is damaged and the "wealth" stops! Look to your life for proof. This "wealth" (with the "we") is self-preserving in this sense. The radical brother seeks to give indefinitely, as much as possible, for as many years as possible. His/her life for the first time takes on real importance.

Mother Teresa of Calcutta said, 'The greatest poverty I have found in the world is in the West. It is the terrible poverty of the spirit.' Let us seek wealth! Let us be the "I" that causes Never AgaIn, that causes wIn: the Rescue and Restore of Darfur.

Let us be the TRUE WEALTH OF LOVE, OF TRUE BROTHERHOOD, the ONLY WEALTH THAT CAN POSSIBLY HEAL THE WORLD.

No comments: