Friday, June 30, 2006

President Eisenhower: "...Planning is Everything!"

"PLANS ARE WORTHLESS, but PLANNING is EVERYTHING!"



Why? Because planning creates Vision and Vision creates Courage and Action.

ACTION is what will Save Darfur, and we LACK ACTION because we LACK VISION. And we lack VISION because we have PROTECTED OURSELVES from the most aggressive PLANNING EXERCISES. This is my best working theory.

To be more specific, I don't think we have tuned ourselves up seriously regarding IMMAGINING WHAT COULD BE POSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE. Wouldn't it be valuable to be really sharp on this??!?!?

I think I would give my life, quite literally, if I could get movement leaders to fully exercise themselves on this. I think it is what is missing. I might be wrong, of course.

#1. Here is one exercise I am going through. Purpose? To be sharp as possible on KNOWING WHAT KEY INFLUENCERS COULD DO IF THEY WERE MOTIVATED. ALSO, HOW RADICAL COULD/WOULD DIFFERENT PARTIES GET? WHAT COULD THEY DO IF I/WE COULD MOTIVATE THEM? "IF IT WERE..."
* If it were Bush’s Family he would…
* If it were Americans in Africa Bush would...
* If it were My Family I would…
* If it were OUR (WE THE PEOPLE) American Family in Africa WE would…
* If it were Americans in Africa Congress’s would…
* If it were the average American’s/Frenchman’s/ German’s/Englishman’s Family he would…
* If it were the Pope’s Major issue he would…
* If it were a Major Interest of China / Russia they would…
* If it were a major interest of the Arab League they would…
* If it were...
* If it were...
In my experience, it is pretty taxing to do this type of exercise effectively. It is VERY HEAVY LIFTING for the IMMAGINAION and HEART. VERY TAXING. That is one of the reasons folks rarely do it. But WOW, it could begin to unlock some miracles.

#2. The second exercise I intend to start is HOW COULD I/WE GET THEM TO THIS LEVEL OF INVOLVEMENT/RADICALISM?!?!!?!?!?

PLEASE contact me if you would be open to brainstorming/dialoging on this, that we can help each others Vision-of-what's-possible expand. What kind of miracle could be worked?

IF WE ARE GOING TO SAVE DARFUR, WE MUST BE WILLING TO FAIL, BUT UNWILLING NOT TO TRY AS THOUGH OUR LIVES DEPENDED ON IT.

No comments: