Friday, June 30, 2006

Day #47, June 29: TIME & QUANTITY determine HEAVEN vs HELL

At the White House, etc.

[Note: I'm not feeling up to the task of communicating the following WELL. But here is my best shot, for now.]

Is there a dreadful void in Washington and among WE THE PEOPLE when it comes to "do unto others ALL that you would have them do unto you...?" Here's what I'm horrified that I think I am seeing. Let me try to frame it for you:


ENVIRONMENT A: Wow! In our private lives, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could eliminate QUANTITY and TIME at our will?!?!? Some examples:
* Tell our bank, "I'll pay some of my mortgage, sometime!"
* Tell our boss, "I'll do something for you, sometime, for $120,000 per year!"
* Tell our spouse, "I'll do some of the laundry, someday (maybe)!"

ENVIRONMENT B: HOWEVER, in our private lives, wouldn't it be ABSOLUTE HELL if OTHERS could eliminate QUANTITY and TIME at THEIR will?!?!?!?!!?
* POLICE: "Hmm, ok, your family is being attacked by thugs. We may send some officers, sometime."
* Dr: "Yes, your child is dying. I'll maybe take a look at her, maybe sometime(unspecified)."
* Boss: "If you can guess what I want done and to it fast enough(unspecified) and cheap enough(unspecified), maybe you'll keep your job, and maybe I'll pay you."
* Bank: "If you pay me enough(unspecified), fast enough(unspecified), maybe we will not foreclose."
Wouldn't this be the worst kind of hell?

ISN'T ENVIRONMENT "B" WHAT WE ACTIVISTS, WHAT WE IN THE US ARE BEING/PROVIDING TO DARFUR? No, we cannot CONTROL the US Gov, or UN, or AU, or Nato, or EU. BUT WE CAN CONTROL OURSELVES.

WE could choose to STAND for NOTHING LESS THAN THE:
* SPECIFICITY,
* TIMELINESS,
* ADEQUACY,
* HONESTY AND
* THOROUGHNESS...
OF PLANS AND ACTIONS than WHAT WE WOULD ACCEPT AS PLANS AND ACTIONS FOR OUR BIOLOGICAL FAMILIES.

WE COULD CHOOSE TO HOLD OURSELVES TO NOTHING LESS THAN THE STANDARD:

"WHAT DO I HAVE TO PAY/CONTRIBUTE/DO "DR." SO THAT YOU WILL OPERATE ON MY "CHILD" IN TIME TO SAVE HER?... TELL ME WHAT THE BILL IS, AND I'LL MOVE HEAVEN AND EARTH, NOW, TO PAY IT."

WHAT DO WE HAVE TO PROVIDE TO THE PRESIDENT, CONGRESS, EU, AU, NATO... SO THAT IT IS EASY FOR THEM TO MOVE AHEAD AND RESCUE AND RESTORE DARFUR, NOW!!!

And then to put our lives (careers, time, futures, whatever...) on the line to do it. No? Isn't this really the war we want to be in, and wage? DON'T WE WANT TO FIGHT TO WIN?

No comments: